About those seven million ObamaCare signups

The Imperial President’s right hand fool laid down the marker.

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius once described 7 million new Obamacare customers in the first year as what “success looks like.”

The White House is now trying to affix another label to the estimate: meaningless.

Oops. That’s what happens when you’re just not engaged in the project. I’m sure if the IP had squeezed in a meeting or two with Sebelius instead of a couple of rounds of golf everything would be hunky-dory. But, to their credit, the media hasn’t given up promoting the idea that all’s well that ends well.

365,000 have chosen plans through the end of November and today that number, including the individual state websites have the number up to around 500,000. There are some thorny issues with that number though.

The original target for November was 706,000, so the administration is about half way there. The target for December was 2.1 million, and remember the original cutoff for enrollment was December 15th, that’s now been officially moved to December 23rd and the administration is pushing insurance companies to move that into January.

Then there’s the problem of exactly who has paid for their plans. Out of the roughly 500,000 who’ve “chosen” a plan, only about 15% have actually made a payment, and until the insurance company receives your payment, you’re not insured. The first couple of weeks of January are going to be very interesting when people show up seeking medical care only to find out that they don’t have insurance.

13-1216 - Bad Apple13-1216 - Bad AppleThe Obama administration will roll out a new round of “Bad Apples” on that news, after all, the Imperial President told the insurance companies they could disregard the law and offer old, cancelled policies to customers that don’t meet the ACA requirements. The IP did his part.

Then, on a longer term basis, there’s the problem of those pesky kids who put Obama into the Oval Office twice, based in large part on his promise to make sure everybody had free healthcare. At a minimum, at least 40% of the new enrollees MUST be kiddos from that group who are willing to pay exorbitant premiums for insurance coverage most do not need and would not purchase if they had a choice.

Why must they purchase that unwanted and mostly unneeded coverage? Well, so old farts like The Curmudgeon can get a break on the cost of his policy. We can tell you with authority that The Curmudgeon’s sons are smarter than that, we raised them better.

It looks likes the kiddos that the Imperial President was counting on may well let him down, we’ll be shocked if their signups hit 25%.

There are lots more problems with this mess, but these will do for today. Well, these and the fact that the latest polling shows that only 25% of those who didn’t have insurance before ObamaCare – the group that Democrats are trying to save – only 25% think ObamaCare is a decent deal. The other 75%? They’re not going to participate.

It’s going to be an interesting year, 2014 is.

Subscribe 150h

Arrogance: Obama Unveils New Portrait that is Dozens of Times Larger Than Washington's & Lincoln's
Weekend Caption Contest™ Winners