Items you may have missed that were posted this weekend, in no particular order:
- The Volokh Conspiracy has a letter by Marcus Cole regarding Eugene Volokh’s MSNBC piece on Supreme Court Justice Thomas. There is a link to the MSNBC article in the letter.
- Kate links to new pictures of Baghdad Bob. I think his 15 minutes are up. Memo to Bob’s agent: Never let him appear in public without a beret!
- Tiger, Courtney and I engaged in a three way disconnected discussion on Motherhood and Parental Guilt. Courtney started off the discussion in this post about motherhood fears, my post on the thriving industry that plays on new mothers fears followed, then Tiger provided analysis and linkage between the two posts and some others here.
- Acidman spent the weekend in a very good place – Grace. He mended fences with two Wizbang favorites Joni (who did the lovely new layout here) and Venomous Kate. He was also kind enough to mention my move.
- Real life tragedy struck Sean at The American Mind. Our prayers with your entire family.
- Michele has managed to piss off some folks for dancing on Strom Thurmonds grave. You mean there was a party with dancing? Where was my invite? Now I’m pissed 🙂
- The only Pundit not on vacation (Kevin Drum) had some interesting stuff, but since it’s still Pundit Free Week here, (In my best SoupNazi voice) NO LINKS FOR YOU!
- Dean Esmay has some interesting thoughts on the economics of bogrolling.
- Richard Bennett notes that Dave Winer folded up the tent at Scripting News. One of his comments notes that the whole hissy fit lasted for less that a day.
Practical news from Steve at Little Tiny Lies about washing and waxing your own car: DON’T!
There you have it, a sampling of the best of the weekend… If you’ve got a gem that should be in next week’s list, E-mail it to me before 8PM EST next Sunday. The post must have been first published on July 5th or 6th.