This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ shot out of the gate with a bang, with our first entry receiving an astounding 36 negative votes. In terms of voting it was pretty much all downhill from there, with the top vote getter being a slam (not an entry) at the aforementioned low rated entry. In spite of all that there were some very good captions to choose from. Note that Rodney’s entry was edited to upgrade Jim Webb from Congressman to Senator.
The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (Pretzel_Logic) – Lydia Heston: “Oh Charlton, I love the new chandelier!“
2) (Son Of The Godfather) – “Due to a dyslexic type clerk, the inspectors reported back on their discovery of Destruction of Mass Weapons.“
3) (Rodney Dill) – “You may enter the Capitol now Senator Webb.“
4) (fustian) – “As noted military historian Bugs Bunny would say: ‘This means war!’“
5) (Jeff Blogworthy) – “I call it ‘The living, breathing, Constitution.’“
6) (914) – “IRAQ..? Magnet..Al Quaeda..never there…“
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to:
(pudge) – “UPI: Millions of Chinese made, “Taliban Pinatas”, were recalled today…”
That’s all for this week. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.