Unforced errors such as this are one of the several good reasons Attorney General Sessions, IG Horrowitz, and U. S. Attorney Huber are playing their cards so close to their vests.
Here’s the outline.
- DoJ Office of Civil Rights agitated to litigate against the NYPD over the death of Eric Garner.
- Eastern Division of New York U. S. Attorney and FBI Field Office decline to support the effort.
- Weiner Gate investigation (by NYPD) yields 650,000 e-mails to and from the State Department and thousands of State Department Documents.
- Word of e-mails and documents relayed to Clinton confideante Preet Bharara.
- NYPD Contacts National Security Division of DoJ/FBI and demands action, threatens public release.
- AG Lynch pulls EDNY U. S. Attorney and FBI Field office off of Eric Garner Case. Assigns to SDNY FBI Field Office and U. S. Attorney Preet Bharara (a Clinton confidante).
- AG Lynch explicitly threatens to sue NYPD over the Eric Garner matter if investigation is not immediately turned over to the FBI.
Here are the details.
By sundance, the Conservative Treehouse
The outline begins via a relatively under-reported accusation about former Attorney General Loretta Lynch by former FBI Director James Comey in his upcoming book.
According to ABC News Comey writes in “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies and Leadership,” that he became the public face of the investigation partly because of a mysterious development which he felt could cast “serious doubt” on Lynch’s independence.
“Had it become public, the unverified material would undoubtedly have been used by political opponents to cast serious doubt on the attorney general’s independence in connection with the Clinton investigation,” Comey writes, according to ABC. He calls the material a “development still unknown to the American public to this day.” (ABC Link)
Read the whole thing.
Note that the IG and U. S. Attorney investigating these matters have had this evidence for months. More importantly, this was not a leak. This was We The People linking the dots in what the IG has so far published, the published messages between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, and what Comey had to say in his worst seller.
How long until Loretta starts a GoFundMe page for her legal defense fund?
Oh, and now certain of our commentariat know why President Trump accepted U. S. Attorney Preet Bharara’s resignation without re-appointing him.