This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ celebrated some great American traditions: patriotism, mom scowls, and site crashes. We also have a contest first as far as my time here goes: a three way tie for Reader’s Choice. The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (yetanotherjohn) – “Apparently Pence’s ability to fart ‘Yankee doodle dandy’ isn’t as universally appreciated as he thought.”
2) (fustian24) – “Wizbang is down!
Pence, get off your ass and get it back running! I’ll be damned if I’m going to miss the winning captions particularly this week when it’s about me instead of you morons.”
3) (cathymv) – “This is a “No Cankle” zone”
4) (retired military) – “Pence “Melania. Because no sexual fantasy ever started with there I was sitting between my wife and Hillary””
5) (Par4Course) – “Melania spots a NY Times reporter in the crowd.”
6) (Joe_Miller) – “First row is for powerful men and their trophy wives. Who the hell let Pence in here?”
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to:
(Brian Brandt) – “Nice touch, inviting Betsy Ross.”
(Eric Steel) – “Bitchface at Tiffany’s”
(RockThisTown) – “CNN: We have the latest on the Mike Pence scandal. He was seen sitting next to a woman not his wife. We’ll have more later as this scandal unfolds.”
(Mary Gehman) – “It looks like Pence is between a mock and a hard face!”
(David King) – “Melania told Tiffany, “You’re really rocking those white pants!”
Tiffany: “Those are my bare legs””
(rodney dill) – “Melania: “Dammit. Look at me while I’m glaring at you.””
Most Inappropriate But Funny:
(Paul Hooson) – “So, this man asks where he can park a baby stroller at the event. Someone recognizes him. “Look, Jeffrey Epstein brought a date!”.” (shared with Scorpion, whose “Oh My God” response to this is what made me laugh out loud).
Best use of the Trump Administration Caption of Choice:
(EricSteel) – “Something is missing? Oh yeah, Hillary Clinton. because she will never ever be on that stage again.”
Best Banter Weight:
(Scorpion) – “A panting Pence just dropped his pants.”
That’s all for this weekend. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.