So without further ado here is the Daily Caller’s take:
By Chuck Ross, the Daily Caller
One of the biggest takeaways from Fusion GPS founder Glenn Simpson’s Senate Judiciary Committee testimony is that he has no independent proof that the allegations made in the infamous Trump dossier are accurate.
An extensive review of Simpson’s 312-page Aug. 22 interview transcript shows that his strongest evidence for believing the dossier’s accuracy is that he trusts Christopher Steele, the former British spy who compiled the 35-page document.
“Chris, as I say, has a sterling reputation as a person who doesn’t exaggerate, doesn’t make things up, doesn’t sell baloney,” Simpson, a former Wall Street Journal, told Senate investigators in the interview.
But when pressed for independent evidence to support the dossier’s allegations, Simpson demurred. He also refused to discuss dossier sources or to say whether he had vetted any of them.
For fair use reasons I will now summarize the remaining six “revelations.”
- The FBI may have revealed their sources for the Russia investigation to Steele [thus closing the causal loop].
- Despite employing Nellie Ohr, and being specifically asked about Russian speaking employees, Simpson made no mention of the Ohrs.
- Attorney Josh Levy, who accompanied Simpson for his testimony, claims that at least one source for the dossier has died.
- Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya’s statements about meeting with Simpson are at odds with his testimony.
- “…the FBI expressed frustration with Steele during meetings in Sept. 2016 that some of the information that he had shared with the bureau was appearing in the media.”
- Robinson has a long standing relationship with McCain confidante David Kramer.
Bonus non-surprise. Simpson was opposed to then Candidate Trump prior to the dossier.