This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ was another popular one! This is probably the most positive attention McConnell and Ryan have received this whole year. We had over 300 posts, so we have three winners per place. The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (guido81_MA) – In a rare and seldom captured on camera occurrence that generally coincides with the Winter Solstice and Congressional Recess, Mitch McConnell & Paul Ryan briefly remove their thumbs from their ass.
(Rodney G. Graves) – Nary a foot nor an ass on the Resolute Desk.
Best of all? Felonia vonPantsuit is not in the picture!
(Rick Adams) – “We just lowered your taxes! If you don’t like it, feel free to up yours!”
2) (Vagabond661) – When asked about Pelosi and Schumer, a different finger was used.
(David Robertson) – McConnell, Ryan, Trump and Pence give a thumbs up to the fact that this week’s caption contest isn’t a rerun.
(yetanotherjohn) – Breaking: Ninth circuit rules that Trump putting his thumb up “exceeds the scope of his delegated authority.’”
3) (EricSteel) – What has four thumbs and just gave the American people a big tax cut while screwing over the Democrats in the process?
(Mary Gehman) – Oh look…it’s Ebenezer Scrooge (Mitch) and the spirits of the Past, Present and the Future…God Bless us, every one!
(cathymv) – Winning – Winning – Winning – Winning
Nope, still not tired of winning
4) (Stephen_Macklin) – After the signing of the tax bill, a reporter for CNN asked what the gentlemen thought of “Baby It’s Cold Outside.”
(stan25) – Now for the end of year encore — a Hillary perp walk.
(Rock ThisTown) – “I’m Hillary Clinton and I don’t approve this message.”
5) (Joe_Miller) – Hey everybody, turtles have thumbs!
(Kenny Moore) – Rule of thumb: Teamwork trumps infighting.
(Brian Brandt) – Eddie Munster and Uncle Fester visit the President and Vice President.
6) (Mike) – What is Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Jim Acosta and Hillary Clinton invited to sit on?
(Scorpion) – The democrats were caught unaware of the scissors/rock combo to cut their paperwork.
(Wild_Willie) – “Our way or the highway Chucky!”
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to:
(fustian24) – Who’s in favor of a special counsel to investigate the Uranium One scandal?
Most Inappropriate But Funny:
(rodney dill) – ..More frightening to Rachel Maddow than a little Dutch boy.
Best Reuse of the Caption of Choice for the Trump Administration:
(Retired military) – Who wants to play “Hillary isn’t President”?
The Best Incorporation of Breaking News
(fustian24) – Obama would be publicly badmouthing this bill, but he’s too coked up from all that Iranian blow he kept flowing smoothly into the US.
That’s all for this weekend. Merry Christmas! A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.