This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ celebrated the ancient ritual of trying to watch an eclipse while also trying not to watch it. The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (yetanotherjohn) – If Trump doesn’t see his shadow during the full eclipse, he’s president until at least 2021.
2) (guido81_MA) – Hee-hee, maybe I should point out that the sun is “kinda white” so I can watch the CNN debate on how to permanently eclipse its privilege.
3) (Mike) – “Slightly cloudy with a chance of awesomeness!”
4) (fustian24) – If Harvey gets any worse, Trump’s gonna change it’s name to “Hillary”.
She’s stalled and won’t go away either.
5) (McG) – “If he has to be looking at something else smiling like that, I’m just glad it’s a celestial phenomenon and not a younger supermodel.”
6) (cathymv) – Trump looks like he is enjoying watching the democrats 2018 chances of taking over the House and the Senate blow up
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to:
(Retired military) – Trump “Ha. I see that eclipse and raise you one of my own”
(douglube) – And I thought only Chuck Norris could stare down the sun.
(OlSolJer) – MELANIA: Donald, there is a antifa dressed body splattered all over our sidewalk!
PRESIDENT: Yeah, I know honey, here comes another one. Gotta love them bikers!
Most Inappropriate But Funny:
(rodney dill) – “Look, The moon is giving the sun a Lewinsky.”
(Paul Hooson) – When he got spattered with white he just assumed it was a bird. Then, he noticed Bill Clinton standing on the balcony waving…
Best Reuse of the Caption of Choice for the Trump Administration:
(Rick Adams) – I’m not entirely sure what’s going on in this photograph, but orange you glad Hillary is not President?
That’s all for this weekend. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.