Consider this the weekend’s Open Thread, but first…
An Arizona man named Jon Ritzheimer has announced plans to host a “draw Mohammad” event outside a mosque in Phoenix and he is urging participants to come armed in order to fight off the terrorists he expects to flock to the event.
Ritzheimer is calling his event “round 2” in reference to the “Draw Mohammad” event in Texas that was attacked by two jihadis both of whom were deservedly killed by police outside the event.
It is also being held outside the very mosque in Phoenix where the two hapless, would-be murderers who tried to attack the Texas event belonged.
Here is Ritzheimer’s announcement on his Facebook Page:
ROUND 2!!!!!!! This will be a PEACEFUL protest in front of the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix AZ. This is in response to the recent attack in Texas where 2 armed terrorist, with ties to ISIS, attempted Jihad. Everyone is encouraged to bring American Flags and any message that you would like to send to the known acquaintances of the 2 gunmen. This Islamic Community Center is a known place that the 2 terrorist frequented. People are also encouraged to utilize there second amendment right at this event just incase our first amendment comes under the much anticipated attack.
1. Date will be Friday May 29th @ 6:15pm. This is when they normally host a large prayer.
2. Bikers wil meet at the Denny’s located at 9030 N Black Canyon Hwy Phoenix, AZ [email protected] 5:00pm. Kick Stands up at 6pm.
3. There will be a Muhammad Cartoon Contest and the winner will be announced at the After Party. Participants must show cartoon at the Rally.
4. We will not have food vendors at this event because we don’t want this to turn into a carnival. People can bring snacks and water but please keep the neighborhood clean.
5. There will be an after party starting at 8:30pm at Wild Bills located at 6840 N. 27th Ave Phx, AZ.
Thank you all for your Support.
But it is important to note that this protest is nothing at all like the Texas event held by Pamela Geller. Her event was a free speech event held no where near a mosque. Her event did not protest Islam. It protested the quashing of free speech.
This protest, on the other hand, is truly an anti-Islam protest, an even aimed at directly attacking the existence of Islam in the USA.