There was lots of stuff in the news today that didn’t quite merit individual posts. Here’s the stuff we missed. Enjoy!
- Real estate agent Maria Pantazopoulos, 30, drowned after her dress got wet and she was dragged into the river near a ‘violently’ rushing waterfall in Canada. Friends said she had been taking part in an increasingly popular ritual called ‘Trash the Dress’, in which brides pose for pictures while playfully destroying their wedding gowns. [Daily Mail] – Pantazopoulos is show above. Very sad.
- Penn State will discontinue its tradition of using Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” as a gameday sign along tune for football fans. [Altoona Mirror] – The “Touching you, touching me” lyrics are just a little too much for folks up their to deal with in the wake of the Sandusky scandal.
- The Ritz-Carlton is advertising a “Re-Occupy Charlotte” Post-DNC special hotel package. [View from the Wing] – Smelly hippies and street crime presumably are not part of the package.
- Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford is engaged to his longtime Argentinean girlfriend, Maria Belen Chapur. [Political Ticker] – Or as Sanford’s ex-wife may have written the headline, “Cheating slimeball Mark Sanford is engaged to his Argentinean home-wrecking whore.”
- Applebee’s transforms into a hot night spot. [InstaPundit] – Late night the place is known as bee’s which somehow doesn’t sound particularly inviting. Oh well, if you’re reading this you’re probably not the target audience anyway…
- GM suspending Chevy Volt output [DriveOn] – GM is really “roaring back”…
- An Economic Border War Right Under Washington’s Nose [WSJ] – Pro-business, lower taxes Republican governor in Virginia vs. tax and spend liberal Democrat governor in Maryland. You can probably guess who is winning.
- Urgent Memo to Mitch Landrieu [Doug Ross] – “This time, before the storm hits, please remember you have half a thousand buses to evacuate your citizens who need help this time”
- Health Care Expert: ObamaCare Will Kill Estimated 40,000 Seniors Every Year [The Other McCain] – Too bad it won’t kill 40,000 lawyers every year. That, as they say, would be a start…
If you have other items of interest that we missed please share in the comments.