Well knock me over with a feather…
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The Media Research Center has released a new analysis of the 21 ABC, CBS and NBC evening news stories about Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s trip to London, Israel and Poland between July 25 and July 31. The report’s findings are absolutely staggering. 18 of the 21 stories emphasized Romney’s perceived gaffes. That’s 86%!
Their analysis also found that:
- NBC and CBS savaged Romney for an innocuous remark about London’s readiness for the Games following security issues widely reported by those same networks. The comment was so unremarkable that NBC cut it out of their original taped interview with Romney.
- NBC and CBS only made Romney’s Olympic comments an issue after taking their cues from British tabloids.
- When candidate Obama toured abroad during the 2008 campaign, the networks ignored that Obama falsely presented himself as a member of the Senate Banking Committee to reporters in Israel referring to “his” committee’s calls for divestment in Iran
- Four years later Romney’s tough talk on Iran in defense of Israel was reported as an “error.”
- During Romney’s week-long trip, the networks committed 53 minutes of almost entirely negative coverage to the Republican candidate. During Obama’s trip in 2008, they spent 92 minutes gushing over Obama.
There isn’t any question that the mainstream media is in the bag for Obama, but it is helpful for organizations like MRC to point out just how bad the situation is. As the say on the NBC reading promos, “the more you know.”