This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ should have penalized for excessive celebration – the captions were that good. There were way too many excellent captions to honor, so go read the rest of the entries. The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (herddog505) – “President Theodore Roosevelt was instrumental in reforming the rules of football, helping to shape it into the game millions of Americans love today. President Barack Obama has also carried a football.
— White House biography of Theodore Roosevelt (draft)”
2) (Brian_The_Adequate) – “Air Force Cadets get advanced training on how to smile when a superior officer is a complete idiot.”
3) (sarahconnor2) – “Walter Payton was extremely talented, genuinely cared about those who were less well off, and played in Chicago.
Barack Obama is also a player from Chicago.”
4) (The_Weege_99) – “O: Thank you for playing on my behalf and for winning my trophy on my behalf. You should be glad to know, you can now marry each other, thanks to me.”
5) (Rodney Dill) – “Just a football helmet away from the full Dukakis.”
6) (914) – “Our first contestant in this years Fib, Lie and Pander tryouts looks to be unbeatable..”
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to:
(guido81_MA) – “Somewhere, right now, Chris Matthews is wearing a cheerleader dress and waving his pom poms!”
That’s all for this weekend. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.