According to Fox News, there have been some fascinating developments in the Times Square bomb case. Here’s how things stand as of this moment:
- The license plates on the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder were stolen from a repair shop in Connecticut.
- The Pathfinder itself was sold three weeks ago through Craig’s List. The last registered owner says he got $1300 in cash from a young man who looked “Middle Eastern” or “Hispanic.”
- The FBI says they have a “person of interest” in the case — a naturalized American citizen of Pakistani origin who recently returned from an extended visit to Pakistan.
- There is also apparently physical evidence within the Nissan that indicates that at least one of its recent passengers had been in contact with someone in Pakistan. (No, I don’t quite know what that means, either. My hunch is a cell phone was found and its memory of recent calls examined.)
- The bomb had some serious flaws in its design. Some have likened it to one constructed using sources as the infamous “Anarchist Cookbook.”
This, of course, is all consistent with the theory that the bomb was placed by radical right-wingers. After all, we know that the racist Teabaggers are secretly run by a cabal out of Islamabad…