John Nolte has a great top ten list at Big Hollywood. Here is a sampling from the list:
10. Listen, I didn’t know Willow Palin was 14. She was born in 1995. I thought she was still 13.
9. Why’s everyone so mad? I wasn’t making fun of Barack…?
8. I understand some offense was taken over my remarks last night. If that’s the case, I’d like to offer an apology to A-Rod. Tonight on the show, we have…
7. Careful buddy. You’re criticizing the guy who almost got the “Tonight Show.”
6. I’m a comedian and therefore not responsible for anything I say … ask Jon Stewart.
5. See, you all spoiled it. The plan tonight was to come out and tell a similar joke about Barack Obama’s daughters. But you can forget it now…
His commenters are submitting some funny stuff too. This one is from Mr. A:
10. Hey, did you really expect class from a guy who left his only son a bastard for the first four years of his life?
9. If you think these sex jokes about 14 year old Willow Palin are bad, just imagine all the creepy stuff in my head that I’m not saying out loud.
8. Don’t blame me, Contessa Brewer says calling women sluts is back in style!
7. Now that Leno’s gone I think I can get away with anything.
6. Oh come on, last night when I joked about Willow Palin and Elliot Spitzer I didn’t mean to imply that Willow is a whore, it only sounded that way.
5. Willow, Piper, what’s the difference? Turn them upside down….
4. Hey Willow, don’t be upset, don’t you know that when a creepy old man teases you it means he likes you – he really really likes you.
3. How can these jokes be perverse if someone as normal as Paul Shaffer is laughing?
2. I’m old, I’m miserable and deep down I hate myself, what do you want from me?
1. Hey, if Sarah Palin didn’t want her children ridiculed in public she should have had them a aborted. Check out the rest at Big Hollywood.
Update: I wonder who wrote the Letterman joke about Willow Palin? If it was Bill Scheft, Letterman’s writer of 18 years, I wonder if this is now his proudest moment?
Update II: Letterman apologizes saying he meant to tell the ugly joke about the 18 year old Palin kid, not the 14 year old one. And I guess that makes it okay?