This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ was a little bit different than many of the recent contest, since I went with sort of a sport mash-up themed picture. Normally I try not to pick multiple entries from finalist, but this week’s top two captioner’s also struck me with a couple other entries that I felt I need to honor. The assignment this weekend was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (Spike) – Blago: “This seat is pucking gold!“
2) (Peter F.) – “Boy, is Lou Pinella gonna be pissed when he sees the new closer.“
3) (Baron Von Ottomatic) – “Simultaneous to the camera’s flash Chelios collapsed in a heap, drawing a two minute roughing minor on the photographer.“
4) (Faith+1) – “Baseball promises to be far more exciting this year now that body checks will be allowed.“
5) (Spike) – “A: Who is at wing?
C: No. Who is at center.
A: I’m not asking you Who is at center. I’m asking you Who is at wing?“
6) () – “Buy me some peanuts and octopus…“
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to:
(fustian) – “Global warming is turning more and more of our baseball fields into hockey rinks!“
That’s all for this weekend. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.