This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ was another monster hit. You can tell we’re in the heat of an election because so many captions wove in political themes. The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (smitch) – “Obama apologized today for the mini-Rapture at a New York airport, caused when he raised his hands into the air while stretching.“
2) (fustian) – “You can tell it’s the Obama campaign traveling.
They’re all empty.”
3) (WindowDressing) – “The LA Dodgers soon realized the extra baggage they were getting when they acquired Manny Ramirez at the trading deadline.“
4) (Tango) – PA System: “Your Attention Please, We have a lost black 2’x1′ Samsonite bag with a silver handle. Thank you.“
5) (guido) – “A logjam occurs as Barack Obama is asked to check his ego.“
6) (Joel) – “The LA to Mexico City flight was temporarily delayed when, as a joke, Carlos yelled ‘INS!’ in the terminal.“
The Readers Choice Award this week went to smitch’s winning entry. In it’s place I offer the another quality caption that gets right to the heart of the matter:
(Tim) – “We’re American Airlines. Sadly, this is what we do best.”
That’s all for this weekend. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.