This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ was smashing success. I really didn’t know how well the picture would do as the subject of a caption contest, but I had to scap plans on a funny Hillary picture as even I was getting a bit weary of another Hillary contest. Face it, if that woman could get even 1/10th the number of contortions out of her body as she can out of her face her husband would never have been impeached. The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (Jumpinjoe) – “You typical white people should understand why I sat there during Rev. Wright’s sermons and never noticed what he said, after all you are sitting here now and have no idea what I’m talking about but you like the delivery. Can I get a “Amen”.“
2) (fustian) – “Obama looks stymied by the very first debate question: Why should white people feel welcome in your administration when they wouldn’t be welcome in your church?“
3) (zipity) – ““How dare you question my integrity, judgment and patriotism? Can’t you see I’m Black….? Besides, I have 8 flags behind me….“
4) (DaveD) – “Hmmmm, I think I’ll let my suit answer that one.“
5) (Faith+1) – “Summing up his thoughts on the recent Rev Wright scandal, the Canadian/NAFTA statements, his aides mouthing off to reporters, his wife’s controversial statements, and his poll numbers sliding Senator Obama gave a one word speech today.
6) (Maggie) – “What’s black and white and red all over?
A very embarrassed Barack Obama.”
The Readers Choice Award this week went to fustian’s second place entry. In it’s place I honor this clever rework of a famous phrase:
(Falze) – “I did not have racial relations with that man, Mr. Wright.”
That’s all for this week. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.