This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ was, as expected, another monster hit. Politicians in inopportune Hitler salutes is most definitely a bipartisan affair as President Bush was caught in a similar photo in the 2004 election cycle. Do you think the AP photographers, after months of mind-numbing drudgery, don’t secretly pee their pants just a little when they get a Seig Heil snap? I do. Anyway, the assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (Falze) – Anderson Cooper: “OK, let’s go to our audience. Does anyone have a question for the Republican candidates? It looks like, yes, that average woman I’ve never met before there in the front has a question.“
2) (DaveD) – “Any of you ladies in our studio audience want to unload about the pain an unfaithful, boorish husband has caused in your life?“
3) (rain of lead) – “Seig Hill! Seig Hill! Seig Hill!“
4) (fustian) – “Hillary’s new book is out. It’s called: My Struggle.
Most critics liked it better in the original German.”
5) (OregonMuse) – “Much to Jonah Goldberg’s disappointment, the original cover concept for his new book was rejected by the publisher as being ‘just too damn creepy.’“
6) (vader06) – (In her best Horshack voice) “Ohh! Ohh-Ohh! Mista Kotter! Mista Kotter! The answer is socialism!“
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to:
(retired military) – “Hillary deomonstrates the new secret handsign of the Democratic party.”
That’s all for this weekend. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.