Things not to do at home

Like cleaning your hands with gasoline near a stove.

POMPANO BEACH – A woman’s trailer burned to the ground when she tried to clean her hands with gasoline and left the gas can on a stove with an open flame.

The 45-year-old woman had been painting inside her trailer about 2 p.m. in the 200 block of Northeast 25th Avenue when she decided to clean her hands with the gasoline, said Sandra King, spokeswoman for Pompano Beach Fire-Rescue. The woman placed the can of gasoline on a stove with a lit pilot and it ignited, she said.

The woman escaped with minor burns to her hands and was treated at the scene. The trailer was destroyed.

“One should never use gasoline as a cleaning solvent – ever – near an open flame because it gives off flammable vapors,” King said.

The woman apparently never watched or forgot all those television shows or movies where gasoline easily catches on fire or tanks of it blow up. I’m only two years older, and I have no trouble forgetting.

She survived, so no Darwin award nominee for the homeowner.

Supporting the GOP Nominee
Heath Ledger Died of Accidental Prescription Drug Overdose