This week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ was another smash hit with over 130 entries. The musical themed picture brought out the songbird in many of our captioners, but that wasn’t the surest path the the winners circle this week. The assignment this week was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (Pretzel_Logic) – “While my support..gently slips…“
2) (Son Of The Godfather) – “For a serious run at the office, he changed his name to ‘Huckabee’ after focus groups reacted negatively to a possible ‘President Ywengie Malmsteen.’“
3) (jpm100) – “Hey, Mormons aren’t allow to listen to music, are they? I’m just askin’.“
4) (Jeff Blogworthy) – “For most candidates, “song and dance” is just a metaphor…“
5) (fustian) – “All it needs is a convicted felon from Arkansas on sax.“
6) (rodney dill) – “So you want me to play at your kid’s Bar Mitzvah? Next year? January 20th? I should be available…
The Readers Choice Award most definitely did not go to this entry:
(Baron Von Ottomatic) – “After dominating the talent competition with a blistering rendition of Dueling Banjos, Teh Fred then strode over and forcibly sodomized Huckabee. Onlookers swear they heard Huckabee whisper ‘Thank You.’”
That entry received more negative votes that just about any entry ever submitted, save for the random troll remark. As such it earns the Dubious Distinction Award.
That’s all for this weekend. A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.