Last week’s Weekend Caption Contest™ was a true classic. As such in judging the entries I had a hard time arguing with the collective wisdom of Wizbang readers. The winners are aligned very closely with your votes. Jim Addison’s comment , while timely and on topic, alas was not an actual caption so it was not honored as a winning entry.
The assignment last weekend was to caption the following picture:
Here are the winning entries:
1) (John Irving) – “Quick, where’s a flying house when we need it?“
2) (La Mano) – “The wicked witch of the West Wing.“
3) (fustian) – “The rumor is that Edwards will be bringing a bucket of water to the next debate.“
4) (Steve) – “I’ll get you my pretties and all your Constitutional Liberties too!!! Eh heh heh heh heh“
5) (guido) – “It must just be a costume because there is no way, NO WAY, that she weighs the same as a duck.“
6) (JAT) – “And poor Bill was hoping for the French Maid costume this Halloween. “
The Readers Choice Award this week goes to John Irving’s winning entry. The next highest rated entry not selected above is:
(Jeff Blogworthy) – “Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble.
Eye of Bush and hair of Newt;
From Iraq we’ll make you scoot.
Confiscation for your good;
Health care for your neighborhood.
Living breathing constitution;
Speeds us towards The Final Solution.”
A new edition of the Wizbang Weekend Caption Contest™ will debut Friday morning.