Coroner Says Anna Nicole Death Accidental Overdose

This is the latest on the death of Anna Nicole:

Anna Nicole Smith’s death was due to an accidental overdose of a sleeping medication and at least eight other prescription drugs, authorities said Monday.

“We are convinced this was an accidental overdose,” Florida’s Seminole Police Chief Charlie Tiger said.

Tiger added that there was no evidence of illegal drugs being involved in the former Playboy Playmate’s death, and there was nothing found on the computer of Smith’s companion, Howard K. Stern, or anywhere else to indicate foul play.

Dr. Joshua Perper, the medical examiner for Broward County, Fla., said the cause of death was “combined drug intoxication” with the sleeping medication chloral hydrate as the major factor in combination with therapeutic levels of other drugs.

Smith was taking a lengthy list of other medications, including methadone for pain and Valium, Perper said.

A viral flu and infection in the buttocks were contributory causes.Later in the piece it is reported that the drugs in her system were all prescribed to Anna Nicole Smith.

For those wondering how this affects them — if you watch cable news expect to see wall-to-wall coverage unless something really huge breaks on the political front. This should give Greta at least a month’s worth of programming.

Who is Amorita Randall?
Newt's Reading List