The RNC at GOP.com has a long post detailing why Republicans should be wary of exit polls:
- Election Experts Believe Exit Polls Give An Edge And Sway Towards Democrat Candidates.
- National Exit Polls Will Skew In Favor Of Democrats This Year, Due To Large Numbers Of Uncontested Democrat Seats In The House Of Representatives.
- Early Exit Polling Returns In 2004 Were Widely Inaccurate, Declaring Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) To Be The Next President Of The United States And Republicans Barely Holding A One Seat Majority In The U.S. Senate.
- In The 2002 Midterm Elections, Exit Polling Produced Unusable Data.
- In 2000, Exit Polling Malfunctioned And Incorrectly Projecting Vice President Al Gore As The Winner Of The Crucial Battleground State Of Florida.
Read the entire piece because it includes a lot of statistics from past elections illustrating how unreliable and deceptive past exit polls were.