With the dustup yesterday about the faked Michelle Malkin bikini photo, I am once again reminded why I dislike so much of the left side of the blogosphere: above and beyond everything else, they are STUPID.
1) Michelle Malkin is one of the top-rated bloggers.
2) Michelle Malkin is widely admired by many on the right, especially in the blogosphere.
3) Some of her best friends and most loyal admirers on the right are the same people who busted Dan Rather’s fake documents and Reuters’ fake photos — Charles Johnson, Rusty Shackleford, and Ace, just to name three.
4) One of the blogosphere’s best PhotoShop artists — a master of crafting fake photos — is the thank-heavens-he’s-back-from-retirement AllahPundit, who works for Michelle.
5) Also among Michelle’s legions of friends, colleagues, and admirers are numerous attorneys, such as law professor Glenn Reynolds, who know all about things such as libel laws.
Given all that, just how long did they think that such an incredibly poor PhotoShop picture would go unrevealed? And that she would not at least consider legal action?
Regardless of one’s opinion of Michelle, any reasonable person has to admit that this was one of the dumbest attacks on her that could have been made. And I, for one, simply can’t wait to see how it plays out.
As Napoleon advised, “never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake.”