Ten stories on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina you may not have seen…
- At one point Friday, the evacuation was interrupted briefly when school buses pulled up so some 700 guests and employees from the Hyatt Hotel could move to the head of the evacuation line – much to the amazement of those who had been crammed in the Superdome since last Sunday.– [Pundit Guy]
- Lt. Gen. H. Steven Blum, chief, National Guard Bureau on New Orleans police department, “I have my own estimate. I would say they are significantly degraded and they have less than one-third of their original capability.” – [DoD News]
- Would it be too much to ask for someone to kindly take the Huffington Post out back, shoot it in the head and put us all out of its collective misery? – [As I Please]
- Joe Gandelman has an extensive roundup of blog reactions to Hurricane Katrina
- Another micro-charity effort you should support – A Small Victory’s Michele Catalano’s Kids of Katrina School Drive Fund. She’s sending a truck of school supplies to both Houston and Baton Rouge, and possibly San Antonio. Go donate now!
- Virginia Postrel and Dan Morgan report on New Orleans refugee situation in Dallas.
- George Gooding takes on the continuing junk science regarding hurricanes and global warming.
- Katrina certainly makes people say darnest things. Arthur Chrenkoff continues to roundup idiotic quotes.
- MoltenThought on the curious outrage of New Orleans’ mayor:
- Ken Wheaton forwards the link to AP’s cool satellite imagery for New Orleans neighborhoods taken on Aug. 31
Feel free to join in with your own items via Trackback. If your blog software doesn’t provide that capability, you can use the Wizbang Trackback tool.