This weeks Weekend Caption Contest™ featured a return of the penguins (as noted by Rodney Dill), and many fine and worthy entries. Alas I must pick but a few for accolades (or brickbats to the judge); so without further delay here are the winning entries for this picture:
1) (jeremy in NYC) – “No war for ice! No war for ice! No war for…….waitaminute – what are we SAYING? Yes war for ice!“
2) (Eric) – “While dangerous and some say fool-hardy, residents of San Francisco participate in the annual running of the penguins.“
3) (McGehee) – “[sigh] It brings back memories of the olden days when rough-and-ready Americans would drive their penguin herds to market, braving storms, rustlers and marauding Indians.“
4) (Laurence Simon) – “You know, the last guy I knew who had Chlamydia was wearing a tuxedo, too.“
5) (Rodney Dill) – “Let’s go pick up Katie Holmes.”
“Think we’ve got a shot?”
“Maybe, we’re taller than Tom Cruise.”
6) (Darleen) – “Joining the weekly San Francisco anti-war march and Vegan Recipe Exchange, the newest inter-species members get a warm welcome from the marchers as their new chant gains popularity ‘Bush Lied, Penguins Died‘“
“Special” Mention – For a penguin anatomy lesson…
(Sean Gleeson) – As they marched, the moonbat penguins chanted and sang:
“We’re here, we’re Spheniscidae, get used to it!”
“What do we want?” “Krill!” “When do we want it?” “Now!”
“Cloacal sex is a right!”
“Keep your rosaries off my uropygial gland!”
Until next Friday…
I think the special mention should have won overall.
Man, do I suck.
Yeah, something that appears to have missed most altogether is that the SAN FRANCISCO penguins, pictured here (maybe they’re in Australia, I just don’t know) are not the GAY penguins. The GAY penguins are in a zoo in Germany and are even an entirely different type of penguin than these in this photo (in San Francisco or Australia, still not the same type of penguin as those in Germany…who are GAY, not these).
/end of ornithology information for today.