I’ve lost track of the sheer volume of dumbassery inherent in this story. Let me see if I can sum it all up:
* A guy with a degree in education can’t pass a simple test to keep his job.
* The test New York uses to qualify teachers can be passed in flying colors by a guy with borderline autism.
* A skinny black guy in his 30’s with a degree in education thinks that he can get a fat white guy in his 50’s can pass for him.
* The city of New York doesn’t notice that a fat white guy in his 50’s shows up when they’re expecting a skinny black guy in his 30’s.
* A guy smart enough to ace the test for teacher certification in New York is dumb enough to commit a crime and impersonate another person for $2.00.
* A 38-year-old guy with a degree in education thinks that he can pass himself off as his “son” to a reporter.
I’m waiting for the final chapter in this story to be written — the teacher (well, suspended and soon to be fired teacher) files a lawsuit over his job. It’s a pity Johnny Cochran now busy justifying himself to Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.
I guess there’s always the ACLU…