This weeks Weekend Caption Contest™ proved that we love us some good John Kerry captioning around here. Pity his time on the national stage is pretty much up. The good news, of course, is that Howard Dean is the favorite for the DNC Chairman position, which will surely be a windfall for caption contests everywhere.
Here are the winning entries for this picture:
1) (BoiFromTroy) – “Don’t cry for me, Argentina!“
2) (Dean Satterlee) – “Missed it by that much.“
3) (Jack in TX) – “Ta-RAY-za wanted to come today, but these seats are really narrow, and she’s…“
4) (CedarFever) – “I’m tellin’ ya’ Bob, that is *so* life-like it’s downright creepy.“
5) (OneDrummer) – “I swear, I’ll do one better than Al Gore. I’ll grow my ‘I Lost The Presidency Beard’ out THIS far!“
6) (Stephen Macklin) – “And Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii, will always love meeeeeeeee“
Until next Friday…
Thank-you! I am honored, sir!
A belated entry:
“Oh come all ye pilgrims, and bask in my nuance!”
this isn’t even my entry but I’m gonna stand up for it becasue it didn’t make it:
“If I can’t be the president, maybe I can be the Pope…”
come on, man!
I have this same “Deer in the Headlights” look that John Kerry has every time none of my captions make the cut.
(Though I really didn’t think I had any good enough to be in the running this time)
Pretty hard to beat the top two – excellent choices. The problem I have now, is that Dean’s caption makes me think that every time Kerry talks about anything, I’m gonna hear Maxwell Smart’s voice…
The aforementioned Pope entry deserved high ranking. Another rush to judgement, but it can be excused based on the number of important stories that were recently posted. January is always a busy time of year.
“I don’t understand why I didn’t win, I told everyone that I fought in Vietnam at least one bazillion times…”
I appreciate the support for my “Pope” submission. Maybe we can have a re-count, or should I just concede?