Monday’s widely read and quoted L.A. Times piece Major Assaults on Hold Until After U.S. Vote, is now part of the Kerry campaign Kerry team accuses Bush officials of holding off Iraq action until election.
The problem? Not quite accurate.
From the nature of the joint operations, it’s highly likely that the raids and attacks on militant positions had been in the works for several weeks.
Update: Reader Scott Stark points to an odd item in the third story.
A 12:01 a.m. blast flattened the Haj Hussein restaurant in Fallujah as well as nearby shops, residents said. The restaurant was closed, but two night guards were killed, said Dr. Ahmed Thaer of Fallujah General Hospital.
The U.S. military command in Baghdad did not mention the restaurant but said the target was used as a meeting place for the Tawhid and Jihad terror network, led by Jordanian-born extremist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.He wonders what kind of restaurant would need two night guards? Perhaps it’s the kind that has more than just food and dishes to protect.
Update 2: FINALLY!!! According to Charles Johnson, mosques appear not to be off-limits anymore.